Tuesday, April 30, 2013

He Tries and Doesn't Give Up

Vince has been trying to get more exercise lately. It is so hard for him though. Either he is in too much pain, or his balance is off, or just the mere thought of knowing the soreness to come afterwards are all obstacles he faces in trying to stay active. Some days its all he can do to just get through the day, let alone exercising. Well, he did it. He joined a few old friends for a game of stick ball. In my head, I was wondering if this was a good idea or not. I even said to him, can you handle it? He said he thought so. I didn't want to tell him he wasn't allowed to go. I didn't want to be THAT wife, so I stayed quiet. I put lots of glucose tabs in his bag and stressed to listen for the low alarm since he has been running on the low side.I went to work and he went to the church parking lot. The same place he played as a kid. Well, he apparently fell 3 times due to balance issues and issues from his leg brace. I asked him why he fell so many times. He said he thought he could do it. He didn't want to give up. And that was a good answer. Although he knows it was dumb to practically throw himself against the pavement, he didn't want to give up. He is a fighter. That is certain. 


2 comments:

  1. Yay for Vince! and Yay for Sandy who supports Vince even thought that is so difficult to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fighter, and battle scars to prove it. There's something to be said for not giving up!

    ReplyDelete