Friday, September 6, 2013

A Busy Week!

What a busy week it has been!

We started the week off with the photo shoot for the magazine.  Then on Thursday, Vince had his routine follow up with the pain management doctor (who we love!! He is great!). I have also been seeing him recently as well. It turns out that I did not escape the genetic back issues that run in my family. I have had strange symptoms off and on for about a year. The doctor, after seeing me a few times, thinks I have spinal stenosis. Last year, my left arm kept going numb and ached when I turned my head to the left. I went to see him and he sent me to physical therapy and gave me some exercises and it seems to clear up the discomfort and the symptoms. Well, in the last 6 months, I noticed my leg muscles keep spasming at night. It got to the point that I was no longer able to sleep so I went in to see the doctor again. Little did I know, the two things were related to my back. So at this point, the doctor said since he has an x-ray of my back/neck, that is good enough for now. He gave me pointers on how to sit properly at work during the day, and be aware of posture in hopes not to irritate it further. He also gave me some medicine to help the spasms. So we will see where that goes. So far, so good for the most part. We also had our counseling appointment last night. We go every 3 weeks or so. Sometimes we have a lot to talk about, sometimes like last night, we don’t. Things are good right now. If the stress picks up again, I am sure we will have more to talk about but our counselor is great. He is so understanding of the situation Vince and I are in and understand the stress that medical illnesses can cause.

The appointments continue today with a visit to a new cardiologist for Vince. His Endocrinologist does a great job at checking and controlling his blood pressure and cholesterol, however when he was recently at an Urgent Care facility for his Bronchitis, a chest x-ray showed an issue with his heart. They are pretty sure it was related to the Bronchitis, but we are not taking any chances. I am sure it is nothing, but you can never be too careful. Especially when your family has the worst possible genes when it comes to heart disease.

Finally, we are ending our busy week with a day trip with our dear friend Barb to her shore house in Ocean Grove, NJ. It is only just over 1 hour away so Vince should fair okay in the car. They are having a huge Flea Market in the town so it will be a fun day!

Next week we have two more routine follow up doctor appointments for Vince and then things should settle for a little while as far as appointments go.

No comments:

Post a Comment