Monday, March 7, 2011

Just Thinking.....

I have been thinking a lot lately about this new blog I have started. It has really helped to relieve me of the emotional stress I have of caring for Vince's diabetes. I enjoy reading everyone's stories, even though they are the parents of the diabetic, not the spouse. It reminds me that we all live in the same diabetic world. The world where we are afraid to go anywhere without a snack or glucagon in our purse. Afraid of the pump and sensor beeping in the middle of an event. Afraid when eating out, the food will arrive to late after he has already bolused. All of these things go through my head 24 hours a day and I feel like me and Vince are so alone in this unfair diabetic world. I never knew there was such a thing of a Diabetic Online Community. What I never expected when starting this blog, was all of the friends and family that would actually be reading and following it. (mostly thanks to the Facebook posts I'm sure lol) So much recently, have I come across family and friends that say, I have been following your blog and enjoy reading it. This is not something I thought a ton about when I started writing it, but it kind of feels good to show people a little bit of what it is like in our world. How my and Vince's mind works so differently and focuses on so many different things than the rest of the non-diabetic world.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're blogging too! It gives us some insight of what it feels like to be a spouse. I know it's difficult as a parent but everyone needs to remember that just because these kids grow up and get married then it doesn't mean the worry goes away! You're doing a great job and you're an amazing wife!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this blog, Sandy. It's very valuable to see how our spouses and loved ones deal with our diabetes, and we sometimes can forget what that's like - WE have no idea what it's like It's important to stay mindful about that. I've tried to get my wife to blog some about those things, but it didn't stick... she still does occasionally, but there are so few of these Type 3 spouse blogs out there it's tough. Like you, I too love reading and seeing all the perspectives from everyone in the ever-expanding Diabetes Online Community. Thanks for sharing and being a part of it. I'll look forward to reading more down the road!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael, I would love for your wife to write! I haven't found any other spouses here. Let her know I would love to read what she has to say!

    ReplyDelete