Monday, May 9, 2011

Zero Zilch Nada Nothing...ALL THE TIME!

Something has been driving me crazy lately. My memory has left me out in the cold. I cannot remember anything! I write every last thing down. I have lists and a master calendar! Half the time, I will be in the middle of something, and I will think of something I need to write down, and two seconds later I forget all about it. At work, I always have a million things going on at once, as I support 12 people. Thank god for email keeping me organized, because I can’t remember anything there either. I feel so dumb when I pass someone in the hall and they say, “where do we stand on such and such” and of course I have no clue what they are talking about. I have to laugh it off and say, “oh I have it written down at my desk. I don’t remember things unless I am sitting in front of them.”
 
I think this problem of mine has gotten worse over the years. I have so much to think about with Vince’s health that my brain is too tired to do anything else.
 
It’s frustrating, but thanks to my calendar and grocery list on my iPod which is always with me, and my work email box to organize everyone’s requests, I mange to stay organized. Just don’t ask me what I had for breakfast! I may not remember what I had, but I never forget to eat!!

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, just messed that comment up! You are not alone with the forgetting. I keep lists all the time, all over the place! Just too many things to remember and keep organized. I totally believe it's stress related! Hang in there, Sandy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I am lucky if I can remember it long enough to write down! It's horrible

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally forget stuff all the time...the worst is when I walk into a room with a purpose and then forget what the "purpose" was! I hate that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too! My brain is so full I can't remember a single thing. I have lists galore :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ditto. Tiredness and distractedness. There's a full sensation in the grey matter with diabetes stuff alone.

    ReplyDelete