Friday, February 4, 2011

The Worrying Wife

I think it is natural for the wife to do the worrying in a marriage, so you can imagine when you have as much going on as Vince and I do, I work overtime at that task. Some overtime is needed, but I think I worry a little too much. It’s the constant questions that have become routine in our home and as we talk on the phone throughout the day. What’s your sugar? Why are you beeping? Did you bolus for that? Has your sugar come down yet? Do you have your black bag? Why are you so tired? Did you remember your medicine? Are you weak? Did you sleep in that chair all night? You fell? Are you okay? Do we need to refill your pump yet? It is never ending. Some of it is very necessary, yes, but I feel like I overdo it, possibly to try to prevent things from becoming issues in the first place, and that is something I need to work on. It’s amazing Vince is so patient with me in my “nursing duties” and actually thanks me for being so great at helping him.

2 comments:

  1. Sandy,
    I have to be honest:
    I do not routinely call my husband throughout the day when I'm at work. I think I would lose my mind if I did! And he would get really annoyed with me as well . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lilly, unfortunately we have had a few to many times for comfort that I have called him and caught him in a low episode and I had to get him help. He has developed hypo unawareness so it's hard not to worry. The sensor helps a lot but it doesn't catch 100% of the episodes in time. I admit, he does get annoyed sometimes, but he knows as well as I do that itnis needed.

    ReplyDelete