Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Shouldn't Chose Sleeping Over Beeping!

Here is the rundown of yet another morning in the Floyd household:
 
5:30AM: Beep Beep Beep Vince doesn’t seem to hear the pump going off and I chose to ignore the warning. I love my sleep, what can I say? Buzzzzz Buzzzzzz Vince is still not hearing it and now it is vibrating the bed so I am forced to take a look. 85 and steady. Back to sleep I go.
 
6:00AM: Beep Beep Beep Again Vince isn’t hearing it or responding to it. I take a look and still running pretty steady at around 79. I know I only have 45 mins of sleep left before work so I chose to ignore the warning sign once again and roll over and go back to dreamland.
 
6:40AM: Beep Beep Beep At this point, I only have 5 mins of sleep left so I decide to get up and check his sugar. I wait for the result 5 4 3 2 1 …. And I see 40 on the meter in front of me. I quickly try to wake him up. I tell him he is 40 and ask him if he feels low and he said no, he feels fine. I run to the kitchen, get him a cup of sweet tea and take it to him and tell him to gulp it quick since he has probably been low for a while; so he does and he assures me is feels okay and goes back to sleep.
 
7:30AM: I am about to leave for work so I check him again. Another poke of the poor fingers. 85 is the result. Ok, we are good. I wake him to tell him the result and I leave for work.
 
9:00AM: I call him to check on him and ask him to check his sugar to be sure it stayed up. He is already awake and says he will call me right back with the result.
 
9:05AM: He lets me know his number is 122. Perfect! Now I know he should be good, until the next check in around lunch time at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment