Thursday, February 24, 2011

Doing Our Best

When it comes to our eating habits, Vince and I need a lot of work to say the least. When it comes to emotional eating, we are pros. Add in a horrible cook (me) and you have a lot of eating out and junky meals going on. The only think we are decent at is keeping junk food out of the house. Out of sight, out of mind. We have decided to make an appointment with Vince's Endocrinologist's nutritionist. We have met with her before for a brush up on carb counting and for pump training and we absolutely love her and how she helped us learn Vince's pump. She has never made Vince or I feel dumb or feel down on ourselves, like some nutritionists can make you feel. I am hoping we can figure out how to make healthy quick meals so we stop eating out so much and so we can get some weight loss going on. That plus keeping up with the gym and we should be in good shape :-)

3 comments:

  1. I love your motivation Sandy! You guys CAN do this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandy!

    My suggestion for cooking is grilling. I am the wife of a type 2 diabetic that is almost to insulin dependence. We live in New Mexico where we can grill almost all year. So most of our meals consist of some sort of grilled meat and a fresh raw vegetable. Both of us love cucumbers raw with italian dressing. It takes absolutly no skills to grill food.

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great idea. I don't have an outdoor grill, but I know that would come in handy. When I say I am cooking illiterate that is an understatement but I am learning :)

    ReplyDelete