Friday, February 25, 2011

Genius Revel

It's times like this that I love Vince's Minimed Revel pump. With all I do for Vince's care, the one thing I am not to good at is the actual calculations of bolus doses for carbs and corrections. I am so bad at math, so that is all up to him and since he is awesome at math and so used to doing it with 31 years experience ;) I leave it up to him. Fortunately, his pump will automatically calculate the correction doses based on the finger stick reading so this has been great for me on mornings like today. His sensor reading on the pump showed 220 and I know he was hovering around that during the night so I knew he needed to bolus before I went to work. I didn't have the time to wake him from his drowsy medicated sleep, and wait for him to finally open his eyes to fiddle with the tiny strips and try to read the tiny printing on the pump so I whispered to him that I was going to give him some insulin to bring him down. I pricked his finger and got a reading of 240, so the sensor wasn't off by to much this time (yay!) the reading goes automatically to his pump and calculates the correction, so no math is needed from me. I just press the ACT button and it knows what to do. I told him I gave him a correction and he nodded his head so I knew all was good. I will give him a call in about an hour to be sure the sugar is coming down. Not to bad of a morning thanks to the awesome Revel!

2 comments:

  1. I know I have said this before, but I am amazed at your attentiveness to Vince's "D". I think it is great that you guys are a team in all of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I never thought twice about helping him. We are definately a team. I am so happy I am connecting with other people! I helps to know that we are not alone.

    ReplyDelete