Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Am I different?

Do you ever feel different from the people around you? Like you live in a different world than them? I am sure my DOC buddies know exactly what I am talking about. This week I started in a new office with Comcast (where I work). Tons of new people (huge office) and only a small handful of the people in my old department that came with me. In the last 3 days I have found myself thing a few times, "I wish I could scream out that I am stressed and starting this new job stressed me even more!" I wish I could make an "announcement" to let people know if I may seem nutty or stressed or out of it, consider it normal. My mind is probably in a million other places other than my work. Of course I can't do this, cause you know what? They wouldn't understand. They would just wonder how I can be successful at my job with so much going through my mind while I am working. I guess I am a great multi-taker, in more ways than one. A few of my close friends at work, one of which came with me to the new office, knows my life and understand. Well, she understands as much as she is capable of I suppose. But yes, sometimes I just feel like yelling out to everyone, "I may look relaxed and well put together, but some days, it couldn't be farther from the truth. I put on a great show these days. Welcome to my world of having a diabetic husband. But yes, I am very happy and very much in love despite it all. The end :)"

4 comments:

  1. Hang in there Sandy!

    S

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really do think that our struggles with our diabetic hubbies makes us ALL a little bit different. Honestly, I can't say that I would be the "same" person I am today if I had not married my husband. So look at it this way: you're not weird or strange, just adaptable to your situation . . . and that can be a good thing! As for people understanding, yes, sometimes that is really hard. Best wishes with your new job. I think sometimes any MORE stress besides what we have at home makes it doubly difficult.
    Take care,
    Lilly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandy, I have been thinking about your post.

    I agree with Lilly.

    And yes, I think you are different. You are not normal. You are not strange. You are extraordinary.

    You are an extraordinary woman. This makes you different. In a rare and wonderful way. Don't change. We need more like you in this world. Just be sure to take a little time for yourself.

    Our world would be a sadder place without you.

    S

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are so awesome with your encouraging words. Thanks guys :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete