Monday, April 4, 2011

D has to make it's appearance all the time...

I thought I would share something with the rest of my DOC buddies. Vince and I proved something this weekend. Not that we didn't know this, it just kinda refreshed us on how much affects D. Vince had a stomach bug Saturday afternoon and is still trying to get over it today. I think it's on it's way out. Anyway, no matter how much we bolused throughout the day on Sunday we couldn't get him under 200. He didn't even eat anything until the evening and he was still high. I actually wasn't quite sure if somehow his neuropathy was causing the stomach ache (not that it has in the past, but I try to think of all the possibilities) or if it was actually a virus. Once I realized his sugar wasn't coming down, I was convinced it was a virus. It's bad enough to feel under the weather. Why does D make everything so much more difficult! Stupid D!!

He is starting to get over it tonight, let's hope it doesn't return by morning. Time to get these numbers back to normal :)

5 comments:

  1. geez, that blows, hope hes better soon! i think one thing with diabetes is, that you manage diabetes like every few hours to the next, and so the virus affect the numbers and you are WELL aware of the pesky germs for as long as it takes the body to fight it. Where as the rest of us, you kind of notice symptoms like a cough or sniffle...but dont micro manage it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah exactly, D has to make everything so difficult lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, stupid D has to make everything more difficult! Hope he's feeling better and you don't catch it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. EVERYTHING affects my hubby's blood sugar. And when he is sick, it almost always shoots sky high, and it is very hard to get it down. And if he has to go to the hospital, it is even worse, as it is never managed well once he is admitted. Yes, diabetes does complicate everything, and everything complicates diabetes! Hope today is a better day for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't understand that either. Why don't nurses etc know how to properly treat type 1???? When Vince has one of his eye surgeries he came out of surgery on the low side and they loaded him up so much he went sky high. I couldn't believe they did that. And it's not like they gave him a choice. They were like eat more drink more! I finally told him to stop! Lol

    ReplyDelete